All the ways that artists make money
Today my art career turns thirteen! I’m officially a teenager as a professional artist and, as such, I feel it’s time to share a little more about how I’ve cobbled together my income over the years.
I talk more about different aspects of my income in these articles and vlogs:
- doing commission art
- starting to sell your art
- getting grants
- publishing an art book
- accepting donations and crowdfunding
- licensing your art
- writing about your art
- doing an artist talk
- going to small claims court
- selling prints and how it changes your art
- differentiating between graphic designers and artists
This skirt is available here along with scarves, t-shirts, pillows, and plenty of other things! The goat lotion I show in the video is my favorite example of how I’ve licensed my work, and it can be purchased here. And it’s Professional Artist magazine that’s paying me to write.