Chú Xam (Vietnamese-American, Nam)
acrylic on canvas and eyelet
36 x 24 inches
$2100 (Email me for details.)
I don’t paint a whole lot of hands in my portraits but there are times when it’s necessary, as with this portrait of Nam as Uncle Sam. Another example of an adult hand I painted is here and there are two toddler hands I depicted in my half of this diptych.
To learn more about the making of Chú Xam, please visit this article on my blog. And below please find the subject’s answer to this question: what does it mean to be an American?
To be an American is to…
- Be Patriotic and to love your country with all your heart.
- Love your family and friends and your neighbors, and dont forget to love yourself!
- Love and care for each other regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, etc…
- To love and to be loved! Thats what it means to be an American.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to love April 15th!