Blog / 2018 / Dear Diary #3: Perfectionism and Self-confidence
May 18, 2018
As a way of celebrating my 15th birthday as an artist, I am sharing from my personal journals from when I was first starting out as an artist.
I know I will always be a perfectionist—I will always worry about others seeing my flaws and mistakes—but, in reading this entry, I can see how far I’ve come toward being a healthier and more accepting person. That makes me happy! I talk more about how doing theater has affected my art career here.
There are seven diary entries in all:
- Dear Diary #1: Thoughts of a Baby Artist
- Dear Diary #2: Comparing Yourself to Another Artist
- Dear Diary #4: When Your Friend Likes Bad Art
- Dear Diary #5: Feedback for My First Show
- Dear Diary #6: My First Business Lesson
- Dear Diary #7: Make Them Love You or Hate You
Maybe this post made you think of something you want to share with me? Or perhaps you have a question about my art? I’d love to hear from you!
To receive an email every time I publish a new article or video, sign up for my special mailing list.
If you enjoyed this post, Ko-fi allows you to donate. Every dollar you give is worth a bajillion to me!